Monday 29 December 2014

The Disappearing Blogger

About the blog

For maybe if you ever wanted to know more.

Firstly, what's with the name The Disappearing Blogger? I used to blog extensively and frequently throughout my high school years but as that drew to an end, so did my blog updates. This was back in the day before social media really blew up. Before Twitter and Instagram, before Tumblr. This was back when everyone was on LiveJournal and it didn't belong to the Russians.

For many years following high school, I was an on again/off again "blogger". Actually, could I call myself that when everyone was jumping ship from LJ to Tumblr? I became more of a lurker as my life got more hectic. Truthfully, it was more like I took a break from updating but every few months, I would make a post. When I look back on my posts, I feel sad that I didn't make more. I've moved away from LJ simply because of the ease of photo uploads here. You know, to satisfy my vanity. This blog will be all about me: the things I do, the things I see, the things I eat and drink. This is my return to the blogging world.

Who am I?

I am a blogger from New Zealand. I was born in Hong Kong and I grew up in Fiji before settling in New Zealand. I love it here but I want to travel and live in other places of the world. In the blogging world, I blogged on LJ but that's a thing of the past, I'm here now. =) I'm also on other major social media platforms but I'm most active on Instagram and Tumblr.

I love to watch mindblowing movies and scandalous drams. I have a list that I need to write down otherwise I will forget and fall behind. I'm in love with Iron Man and by extension, love everything Marvel. Other things I love include travelling, looking at pretty pictures when I can't take pretty pictures, shopping, acting, food, stationery and organising/being organised. I'm sure there's a lot of other things that I like but lets just stop here.

No comments: